Tonight we voted to offer the Timberland Library executive director position to Leonard Hernandez, who is currently serving in the same role in Riverside, CA.
The vote was 3-2, myself, Bob Hall and Judy Weaver voting in the affirmative and Edna Fund and John Braun against. Stephen Hardy a Tom Schaefer were absent from the meeting.
Edna’s and John’s votes weren’t against Leonard. To contrary, I think both of them were as impressed with Leonard as I was or anyone else on the board. As John said after the vote, his concern was with the particular package we put together, and I have a lot of respect for both his and Edna’s opinion in that regard.
For those interested, the package is as follows:
- $140,000 in salary (our range went as high as $150,000)
- $8,500 annual car allowance.
- A relocation allowance up to $10,000
- 4 weeks vacation, 2 personal days and 5 extra days executive director personal days
- Medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance for employee paid by employer.
I have other notes from the meeting, which I’ll write up hopefully tomorrow. But, that’s the big news I think everyone was wondering about.